After I had a plate of leftovers for dinner, I was still hungry so I went searching my favorite blogs for something tasty that I, of course, already have all the ingredients for. I remembered that I still had some potatoes left from the Downton Abbey party I hosted a couple weeks ago so I went on the hunt for a recipe for baked fries. Skinnytaste has become one of my go-to blogs for healthy recipes and I found her recipe for Baked Seasoned Fries. Easy, simple and I have everything I need for it.
My two favorite flavors right now are garlic and balsamic. To honor those two flavors, I made a few alterations to Gina’s recipe and pared it down to making a single serving snack size.
Baked Seasoned Fries with Balsamic Dip
Prep time: 5 min. | Cook time: 25 min.
What you need:
- 1 potato
- 1 T. oil
- 1/4 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder (or just go crazy with it. Mmm!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 c. oil
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 t. garlic powder (or go even crazier, add some minced garlic too.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put some foil on a baking sheet.
- Wash the potato (or peel it if you’re not a skin person) and cut it into 1/4 inch fries.
- Put your newly cut fries in a big bowl then add the oil and all your seasonings.
- Toss the fries until they’re coated and spread them out on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes and flip them half way through.
- While your fries are baking, put all the dip ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.