In case you haven’t caught on yet, I LOVE balsamic and garlic. This has easily become my favorite pork recipe as it combines both flavors! Plus, paired with an interesting way to do a veggie, you can’t go wrong. This entire meal is incredibly easy and you can go from prep to eating in less than 30 minutes. Another big plus for this meal, you likely have everything you need to make it. All I had to buy was broccoli (I had pork chops in the freezer that I bought in bulk on sale).
For this recipe, I combined a couple of recipes from another favorite blog, Budget Bytes. A while back, I was looking for a pork chop recipe and both her Glazed Pork and Balsamic Pork recipes sounded incredible. So, I did what most people would do in this situation and I put them together!
The photo doesn’t do the pork justice (thanks, iPhone). I realize it kind of looks like a brown blob but BELIEVE me, it is so delicious. The sweet balsamic glaze is heavenly. Don’t judge me, but I could have licked that pan.
Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops with Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 20 min
What you need:
- 2 pork chops
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. garlic powder (or, go crazy with it like I did)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 10 oz. broccoli florets
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 T. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Before you get your hands onto the raw meat, prep the broccoli. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Peel and crush the garlic cloves. Combine broccoli, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a baking dish.
- Toss the broccoli in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Now to tackle the pork. Combine 1/4 c. brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Press and rub part of the spice mixture on one side of each pork chop.
- Get a bit of oil heating in a fry pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, place the pork chops spiced side down. Rub the remaining spice mixture on the unseasoned side that is facing up.
- Cook the pork for about 5 minutes on each side. My pork chops were pretty thin so they were fully cooked after 10ish minutes. If you have thicker pork chops, transfer them to an oven-safe pan and put in the oven next to your broccoli for a few minutes.
- After cooking the pork, take them out of the pan and place them on a side plate.
- To the same pan, add the balsamic vinegar and 2 T. brown sugar. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes until it starts to reduce and thicken.
- Add the pork back to the pan and coat it in the glaze. Continue stirring another maybe 5 minutes and let the glaze continue to reduce.
- Once the glaze is reduced, you’re done! In the time it took you to cook the pork, the broccoli should be done. So, sit down and enjoy!