So. This week is my first week starting to work out at CrossFit. I’m really trying to stick pretty closely to relatively strict Paleo so that my body will be in tip-top shape for the onslaught of exercise I’m about to jump into. I figure, while I’m on a roll of delicious recipes, I better just keep it going!
I’ve never cooked tilapia before nor have I ever roasted zucchini. This was an experiment gone so deliciously right! Zucchini has now jumped to the top of my list of favorite roasted veggies. So good. Just try it.
Almond-Crusted Tilapia with Roasted Zucchini
Prep time shmooshed with cook time: 30 min.
What you need:
- A good sized zucchini. Think something that will make three good sized servings.
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tilapia fillets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. almond flour/meal
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 T. parsley
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. paprika
- salt and pepper
- A bit of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Slice the zucchini into thin chips.
- Put the slices in a large baking dish. Add the olive oil, and the zucchini seasonings. Toss to coat the zucchini.
- Put it in the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Now get the tilapia ready. Get a baking sheet out and put some foil on it. Use a bit of olive oil to grease it up.
- Scramble the egg in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the almond flour and the seasonings on a plate.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the tilapia.
- Dip each fillet in the egg then coat in the almond flour mixture. Place the fillets on the prepared pan.
- When the timer gets down to 8 minutes, move the zucchini over in the oven and toss the tilapia in with it.
- Bake the tilapia until it flakes with a fork.