There’s no denying it, there is no way to make this recipe Paleo and I’m okay with that. (Yeah, I’m sure it would work with zoodles but I’ll just say it, it’s not the same.)
One of my best friends from college is hanging out with me in Springfield this weekend and I cooked dinner for her. I have a ton of basil on my balcony in my little garden so I thought a pesto would be awesome. Well, enough chatting and on with the good stuff!
Pesto Pasta Salad
Prep time: 15 min. | Cook time: 7 min.
What you need:
- 1 c. fresh basil
- 1 T. Franks
- 1 T. nut of choice (I used walnuts)
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8 oz. cooked pasta
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- Cook the pasta. Strain. Let cool.
- Prepare the pesto. Add basil, Franks, nuts, garlic and cheese to food processor. Pulse a little.
- Add the oil slowly and pulsing continually.
- Taste and add S&P.
- Slice/dice tomatoes/peppers.
- Combine pasta, veggies and pesto in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar and stir.