I’ve started counting my macros recently, in addition to trying to be successful at WeightWatchers, so I’ve been trying to get creative with my protein and carbs lately. Here’s the latest creation:
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
Serves 6 | 10 points per serving
45 g protein | 32 g carbs | 12 g fat
Prep: >5 minutes | Cook: 6 hours
What you need:
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup Frank’s hot sauce (plus more, if you’re into that sort of thing)
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup ranch
- 6 small sweet potatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- celery sticks
- Put chicken breasts in crockpot with Frank’s. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a for 5-6 times. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Shred chicken. Add butter and ranch. Stir. Add more Frank’s, if desired.
- Cut each sweet potato in half. Divide cheese and chicken evenly among the size potatoes.
- Optional: Put the topped potato under the broiler for a hot second to brown the cheese, if desired.
- Serve with celery sticks on the side.
- Can easily be served on a bun for a delicious buffalo chicken sandwich, if you don’t like the sweet potatoes.
- One serving = chicken 5 points, sweet potato 2 points, cheese 3 points
- Use less ranch or light ranch to lower the points
- Use less cheese or lighter fat cheese to lower the points